Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

Combat Questions

Go down 
+3
Omnicron
ViciousWulf
SatoshiHeise
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Post[s] : 1645

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptyFri Jun 27 2014, 22:09

Hey Um I battled recently and I'm currently watching one battle and I'm wondering... How does Roling and Dex Balance out? Because I could have a High Dex for no reason that doesn't necessarily mean I would get hit.
Back to top Go down
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptyFri Jun 27 2014, 22:24

**Dodging Jutsu (Genjutsu jutsu cannot be dodged unless you have learned the ability)
The higher the speed the less stamina it takes…
Stamina Usage = Attack Damage - (Speed - Attack Damage)
EX. Attack Damage(50) - (Speed 70 - Attack Damage 50) = 30 Stamina Usage
If you get a negative after you do the subtracting in the parenthesis then change it to a positive and instead of subtracting it from attack damage add it so the formula would change to this…
Attack Damage (60) + (Speed 50 - Attack Damage 60 = -10 convert it to a positive = 10) But if you get a negative for the overall first formula then it will not take any stamina to dodge.

This was off of a Site I use to run. I feel we can fit this into your Site Omni. It would still be fair because one Physical energy runs out that means you can no longer perform Jutsu. Also it would make the food items in the Ninja daily shop.. useful... like water and stuff because I noticed a lot of stuff goes unused. Anyways also... Once stamina runs out than people can start using a roll system... Based on luck.

You can change the system how you see fit but this layout came from my old site I ran with Lewi or Wulf as you guys know him.

Signed... A victim of Unlucky rolls.

Back to top Go down
ViciousWulf
Genin
Genin
ViciousWulf

Post[s] : 541

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptyFri Jun 27 2014, 22:29

^ Give this man some chicken!!! ^

I do agree tho
Back to top Go down
http://deusthawulf.wordpress.com/
Omnicron
Deity
Deity
Omnicron

Post[s] : 1158

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptyFri Jun 27 2014, 23:40

I understand where you are coming from about the techniques. As Dex plays its roll for Ninjutsu and puppet techniques. Even more so with the issue of items one can invent newer items for sell to other members it would just need how it was created and what was used. To create the item, and to have it either be sold to others or not. Now in some cases you have unfair rolls. Yes one's speed can be higher can possibly dodge or hit head on. But those of lower speed will not be able to hit that target. Meaning the lower the speed should their rolls be decreased?

We cut down on a lot of formulas to make the site easier to go with. Reaction and Evading just evolved into, "Counter Actions" If you feel as though you are not going to out beat a lets say "14" then performing a counter action to boost your defense, to switch places can be performed however it costs you -1 Action per action done. This does stack as well, for example.

[ie.]
Kyuubi's Bijuudama: Roll 18
Player A: -Counter Action- [-1 Action start of Turn] [Change Body Stance]
Player A's Turns: [Max Action: 2/3] *because of paid action before hand*

Now if you choose counter action, you do forfeit your rolls. However... there is a bright side to it all. If you have feel like you can beat the opponent's rolls go for it. But do not perform a counter action before hand. Also we do have a few techniques and abilities that can boost one's rolls for hit/miss. [ie. Sharingan's foresight, Shuuraigan, plus custom techniques or abilities can be made.]

[ie. Legal!] --> You can do this
Player A: Rolls 2, 5, 8, 8, 20
Player B: Rolls 3,7,9,9, Counter Action

[ie.Illegal!] --> you cannot do this
Player A: Rolls 2, 5, 8, 8, 20
Player B: Counter Action, rolls [x]

Everything has a weakness as they say its how you see and can counter that weakness that matters.
Genjutsu's - Contact Types. if its a "Touch" type they must still roll for it to hit.

The site is on a whole different level of Rping as I have stated before, you will need to use everything you know and everything you have on you to your advantage. Look at it this way...you truly are fighting to survive in the ninja world.
Back to top Go down
SatoshiHeise
Spec. Jounin
Spec. Jounin
SatoshiHeise

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptyFri Jun 27 2014, 23:55

I completely understand where you are coming from with that. A lot of stuff on this site makes sense so far (I.e the stuff you told me about Binding techs), but I still think it's entirely to based on luck. You know what I mean? Wulf pointed out maybe we can use Dex to add to rolls. Because at the End of the day if I have 50,000 speed... and my opponent has 1,000 speed. I should be able to hit my opponent every time without having to worry about if my roll was to low or Two High to evade.

I'm not saying completely change the system but I'm pointing out the possibility that maybe a Dual-System would work.

Take the Fight with Wulf and his clone right now... Let's just say for instances Wulf was having a bad night and has rolled 1's all night. He has no jutsu, so is that to say he's going to be hit every time? Now I know it's Highly unlikely but in statistics anything is probable.

Food for thought. Counter Actions could still work with the a new evade and Blocking system but... To rely simple on rolls at the end of the day... Isn't a very fun Idea especially considering the work people put in to be the fastest.

I would Use 4th as an example but he wasn't teleporting completely and that's a whole another level. But Look at A... The fourth Raikage.... You know what I mean? Dude was monster and hella fast... Only Minato (Presumable also Obito as well since Obito can do Space Time as well) was able to counter rai at his Top Speed. SO.... Im just saying... a complete dice system for this aspect of Battle I don't agree with it.

Every other formula... Makes hella sense.
Back to top Go down
Grave Breaker
Jounin
Jounin
Grave Breaker

Occupation[s] : Enforcer
Post[s] : 2336

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:08

Okay, I like how this convo is going so I sure as hell want in. You drive a good point Heise and Wulf. But like your example uses.

Player A: 50,000 DEX
Player B: 1,000 DEX

Player A vanishes running at fast speeds, only to have Player B be like. Straight line...and trip! See now that's where DEX having a high enough DEX can come into an issue. Now yeah A, was not really fast...he was basically using Raiton to give him a boost in raw speed yeah. But I mean look at it this way.

Player A: [Uses Lightning Armor] + [Melee]
Rolls: 1, Well shit too fast for him running into a wall.

Player B:
Rolls: 4

But let's look at Wulf's example, he's not having a good day against someone right rolling all 1's that's hardly going to happen. BUT let's say it does okay he's speed is say 500 and Mine is 340

Wulf: Melee
Rolls: 1 Dex/100 = 6

Me:
Rolls: 4 Dex/100 = 3 = 7

Now I see where you getting at with it. Not bad looking at it but now comes the bad part about it all. Setting that kind of thing up for a formula would mean even if I roll a 1

Roll: 1 my Dex/100 = Problem... Where you ask It would mean after I hit around 600 or higher. Rolling a 1, + Techniques + Abilities = Easy 20

I could be like Okay Speed is at 450, Use lightning armor, A Rank Jutsu get two Effects, +3 to Hit/Miss Roll and DEX x1.25 = 563 i'm at 563, well maybe, *Grows 4 tails.* 563 x 1.50 = 845 Oh wait, I think since last turn I saved up some Nature Energy I'll go Perfect Sage 845 x2.2 = 1859 [So far I've only used 3 Actions] Attacks with Melee [now 4]

Roll: 1 Dex/100 = 19 + 3 = over 20

You your ass is pretty much over the limit and broken the system. So you'd still be fucked cause then you'd have to use counter action after action to just dodge. cause you cannot roll and by the time the opponent is through they could be like okay i'm going to rest to get back energy and you attack oh i can slip here or here. But in the end you'd have to survive the asshole that's doing that. And its been seen, Nature Energy can be gathered whiled cloaked and use jutsus while cloaked.
Back to top Go down
Grave Breaker
Jounin
Jounin
Grave Breaker

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:17

Sorry for double posting...But okay lets look at it with the previous system we used... in order to have confirm a hit, you'd have to roll under half or your DEX when we started.

That would mean... I'd have to do this if my DEX was 1800

I have to roll 900 or Lower to confirm my hit....
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:17

The member 'Grave Breaker' has done the following action : Dices

#1 'D200' : 67

--------------------------------

#2 'D200' : 44

#3 'D200' : 64

#4 'D200' : 135

#5 'D100' : 94
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Grave Breaker
Jounin
Jounin
Grave Breaker

Ninja Profile

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:19

Holy shit I hit! and my number was....*does math* 404! lol

*stares*

Yeah...I like it better with a hit/miss cause its like an actually RPG just cause you are a higher level and have high speed doesn't always mean you are going to hit that person.

ie. Pikachu use thunderbolt! on Chamander!]
[attack missed]

Well fuck you speed lol

Now i know what if me and my opponent get the same number?

I say...re-roll OR could always lower the dice to be a d10...but then a lot of techniques gotta be nerf.

Last edited by Grave Breaker on Sat Jun 28 2014, 03:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raijoku
Guru
Guru
Raijoku

Post[s] : 1448

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions EmptySat Jun 28 2014, 03:21

Blastoise uses Hydro Wave on Charmander.
Attack Hits.
Critical Damage.

LOL pokemon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Combat Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Questions   Combat Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Combat Questions
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next