Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeJidai IntroRegisterLog in
+ - No Main Story Event - +
+ - Dragonball Z X Naruto Jidai - +
+ -The Ending Goal: 10,000 / 250,000 MF - +
Jidai Site Update: v3.0.1 - +

The Odd Tree

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

Post[s] : 1100

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 13:48

Reo walked slowly towards the shop. The sign at the top of the banister of the desert shack said “Odd Tree”. It wasn’t a very well building and looked as if few came into it. This was the place he had been told about, though. The Scroll of Extended was in his pocket.

Sweat dripped down Reo’s face as he opened the door. It wasn’t the heat, he was used to that. No, this was because of what he was doing. He had stolen this scroll not long ago from his very own Clan. He had gotten away with it but when he returned home he couldn’t even figure out how to open the scroll. Rumors in the Academy said this was to place to go for anything relating to scrolls, so he could only hope that it was where he wanted to be.

As he walked in, Reo immediately decided it was the right place. Scrolls filled bookshelves in every direction and as far as the eye could see. It was more impressive than anything else that Reo had seen – even the Gojisou Artifcat room where he had taken this scroll to. Reo cautiously made his way to the counter, being careful to pick his way through aisles and over a few scrolls that had fallen off the bookshelves.

Back to top Go down
Omnicron
Deity
Deity
Omnicron

Post[s] : 1158

Ninja Profile

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 14:23

x. Hearing the door slowly closed the owner of the shop waited calmly hearing the steps of just one person walking towards the front desk. But it was different lighter someone about the size of a child or possibly fresh blood to be feed into the world of knowledge. As the owner slowly raised their head the lens would reflect from the light as a smile grew.

Rushing upwards from behind the counter the owner yelled out, "HI WELCOME TO THE ODD TREE LIBRARY WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU!" It was a elderly man with a long white beard that would seem to go on forever, he would wear a scholars cap with his golden frame glasses getting pushed up. But as he smiled you could see all his teeth....missing. But for him to speak so clearly was even more so interesting as he was shaking as though he was about to....well die.
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 14:28

Reo barely managed to keep himself from falling backwards as the man spoke. He was...well, old. His skin was saggy and everything about him seemed to imply he was going to die soon.He was even missing all of his teeth. He didn't even speak with that gummy accent you often heard from the elderly who were missing all of their teeth. The worst part was the shaking, though. He looked as if he couldn't keep himself steady no matter how hard he tried.

Did something happen to make him lose control of his muscles?

"Oh..Uh" Reo said attempting to recover as he dug into his pocket and whipped out the scroll. He held the scroll out for the old man to take ."I have this scroll. A Scroll of Extended? I don't know if you have ever heard of it. Supposedly it will help someone break through their limits but...I can't even open the thing."

[155 Words]
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 14:35

Ignore. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Archaea on Tue Jul 03 2018, 14:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Deity
Deity
Game Master

Post[s] : 2853

Ninja Profile

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 14:35

The member 'Archaea' has done the following action : Destiny

'Exercise Dice' : 3, 4, 10, 7
Back to top Go down
http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Omnicron
Deity
Deity
Omnicron

Ninja Profile

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 14:41

x Shaking and smacking his lips while scratching his back the old man turned to the boy and leaned down slowly as his eyes became sharper. He reached under the counter with one hand holding on to the scroll. He began to question the young man, "A scroll of extended...you say..." Soon it seemed like he was about to strike at the customer only within a split second he pulled out a cup of coffee and began drinking it.

"Nope can't say I have son, but I can fix that...let's see here..." The man jumped down from the counter to look through a pile of scrolls and boxes. Soon pulling out a different pair of glasses. They had a lens on them that seemed to poke out further than the other. As he came back over to the scroll he began to examine it carefully.

"Hmm, this may take another cup of coffee...can't work with out it i'm on cup 42!" As he reached over taking a drink from another cup that was behind the desk. He laughed a bit before taking the scroll. "AH HA! This scroll...its powers...I have no idea what it does but to open it, you have to push at the top and bottom."

Though the old man kept it on the counter he stared at the young man saying, "Now this scroll is rare...if you are willing to sell it...I'll pay you...25,000 ryo for it what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Archaea
Chunin
Chunin
Archaea

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 19:50

Reo gasped as the man made his offer. His coffee addiction aside, the offer was amazing. Twenty five thousand? Reo had never held that much money in his life, though his clan surely had more. The problem was that Reo hadn’t gotten this scroll to sell it. He had wanted it for power. Well, he had wanted it to improve himself. Money wouldn’t do that. He’d be no better than a common thief if he sold the scroll to this old man.

“Thank you for the information as to how to open the scroll, but I am afraid I cannot sell it. You see, this was a scroll of my clan’s and to sell it would be to betray their trust more than I already have.” Reo grabbed the scroll back from the counter gently and did as instructed with the top and bottom and opened the scroll….

[148 Words]
Back to top Go down
Omnicron
Deity
Deity
Omnicron

Ninja Profile

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree EmptyTue Jul 03 2018, 20:16

x The old man sighed with sorrow but more so smiled with joy that the young soul would keep the scroll and came to understand the worth of a clan over money. As that was the test to see if he was worth of the scroll to which it would open with a shimmering green light.

"Good good, you made the correct choice, you see the scroll of extended, extends one's body, soul and mind the more pure it is the more it will open to teach. To which you have forsaken your greed and now the power is yours to use freely." The old man would step back a bit to watch as the scroll would trigger and soon begin to shake as it vanished. Whispering to the owner of the scroll as it does so.

"For the one that has open me, you have chosen a path that unlocks a different path then you believed to not exist. Better yet one that you did not believed existed. Now with my powers I grant you the ability to extend your knowledge. How you use it is completely up to you but remember this, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Pride, Lust, Sloth, and Gluttony will always be in the human heart but only a strong heart can over come them. Now use this power that I give you and be able to spread this knowledge."

Player Gains: +1 Seed Slot (Able to choose a new Seed now.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Odd Tree Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Odd Tree   The Odd Tree Empty

Back to top Go down

The Odd Tree
Page 1 of 1